- ICSJWG has extended their call for papers for their Spring Meeting in Dallas, May 2 – 5. You now have until March 4th to submit an abstract. This is not a good sign as it can only mean they don’t have the agenda they want from submissions at the initial deadline. As a past event organizer, we feel their pain. If you have something to say on ICS security, this is a good place to say it.
- Wurldtech and ISCI announced that the Achilles Satellite has been approved for use in the ISCI Embedded Device Security Assurance Communication Robustness Test, EDSA CRT. This part of the EDSA tests the robustness of the protocol stack in a PLC, RTU, IED. Listen to our January podcast with ISCI on the EDSA certification effort.
- Next Tuesday / Wednesday I’ll be at Smart Grid East in Knoxville, TN. I’ll be tweeting with #sgeast, blogging and bringing the mobile podcast unit to hopefully get some good interviews.
Worth Reading Articles
- Smart Grid – Requirements and SABSA (detailed spreadsheet with requirements mappings)
- On Spinning Libyan Centrifuges
- How Stuxnet Spreads – A Study of Infection Paths in Best Practice Systems (Requires registration)
- We Don’t Have A Smoking Gun; We Have Concerns
New ICS Security Events on the Calendar
- EUCI’s Webcast on Smart Grid Data Privacy, March 24th
- American Business Conferences’ Managing SCADA Security Risks, May 31 – June 2 in San Francisco
Photo by Mike Cogh