In January 2013 125 ICS security experts gathered in Miami for the two day S4x13 conference and two days of advanced ICSsec training. Here are some facts:
- 47 non-US participants from 15 countries
- An unprecedented gathering of top talent
- 22 technical sessions and 8 unsolicited responses
- 90 students attending the advanced training
- Advanced training instructors were Billy Rios/Terry McCorkle, Travis Goodspeed, atlas 0f d00m, and Luigi Auriemma/Donato Ferrante
We also had selected press attend S4x13, and the researchers made a lot of news. See the S4x13 Press Coverage page.
The videos of S4x13 are available directly on our S4x13 Vimeo portfolio. You can go directly to the channel or click below on the individual blog article and video.
- Dale Peterson – NOW! and the SCADA Apologist
- Tyler Klingler – ICS Spear Phishing video and article
- Rios/McCorkle – Security of Medical Devices
- Reid Wightman – Analyzing Industrial Firewalls
- atlas 0f d00m – RF Comms Security & Insecurity
- Ali Abbasi – A Multifaceted Approach To Attacking & Defending ICS
- Chris Sistrunk – Calculating Risk Scores for RTU’s
- Sergey Gordeychik – WinCC Under The Microscope
- Darren Highfill – Are All ICS Doomed to Fail?
- Dr. Ten – Electrical Substation Sabotage
- Eric Johansson – Recovering Siemens S7 Level 3 Passwords
- Damiano Bolzoni – Detecting 0-day Attacks with Non-Signature Based IDS
- Arthur Gervais – New Modicon PLC Vulns, SCAPY and ModbusSec
- Bryan Owen – N-O-W Mini Keynote