CFP is Open Until March 15th
Here is the short version:
- Email your proposed idea for a S4xEurope session to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explain the session in 2 to 3 paragraphs highlighting what is new or novel about the session
- Identify the time requested for the session (15, 30 or 45 minutes)
- Look at past sessions on the S4 Events YouTube Channel to understand S4
- Prepare to meet 180 top people in the field, have a lot of fun and enjoy scenic Vienna in June
Also email us any ideas you may have for speakers or topics we should chase for S4xEurope.
More Detail on Submitting and Getting Accepted to S4xEurope
S4xEurope is seeking advanced presentations aimed at the S4 attendee who understands ICS and cyber security.
A tenet of S4 is no SCADASEC 101, tired arguments, explaining how you found trivial vulns, how IT is different than OT… People come to S4 to hear advanced and fresh content that is not available at other events that cater to an audience that is learning what ICS and cyber security is.
The sessions are typically 30 minutes, but we will consider 15 minute and 45 minute sessions if the content demands it. Anything related to ICS Security, ICS Engineering and Operations Technology (OT) will be considered.
- We want sessions on offense and defense.
- We want sessions that will explain success stories in OT and ICS security. Success is a robust ICS that is known and under control and exhibits availability and integrity.
- We do not want sessions showing vulnerabilities resulting from poor coding practice or insecure by design issues.
- We want very practical sessions, big picture / theory sessions, sessions that explain a very specific attack, and sessions that explain a whole new class of ICS attack or defense techniques.
Tips on Getting Your S4xEurope Session Accepted
Our goal is to bring the most fresh and captivating content and speakers to the S4 stage. The process is entirely different than an academic, blind selection process. Here are tips and information on the selection process.
- Submit early – we evaluate proposals as they come in and will say yes, no or maybe immediately.
- Submit often – some past speakers have run 5 different presentation proposals past the speaker selection panel before getting accepted.
- We provide feedback – many of the submissions have a kernel of a great S4 session, and we work with the speakers to modify the proposal to something that will be a hit at S4. Another reason to submit early.
- We actively chase sessions and speakers – about half of the S4 sessions are typically found by the Digital Bond team rather than through a submission.
- Send us an idea for a session you would like to see at S4.
- Send us a speaker / research that we should be chasing for the S4xEurope agenda.
The CFP closes on March 15th.
All speakers will receive a free ticket to S4xEurope that allows the speaker to attend all sessions and social events.
The S4xEurope videos will be loaded on the S4 Events YouTube channel for all to see. You are also able to embed this video in your websites.
Travel costs are not typically reimbursed for speakers. We will consider making an exception for hardship reasons (student, startup or other organization that won’t cover costs) or if the session is so amazing we must have it on the agenda.
S4 is traditionally attended by the press that covers ICS and ICS security, such as Wired, Dark Reading, Reuters, NYTimes, Washington Post and others. Digital Bond will assist you with getting your message and anything newsworthy to the press for coverage.